Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bank selecting problem using .94b sound set

  1. #1
    Inactive Member m_lamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I have a problem selecting banks using the EWS sampler with a .94b sound set.
    I am using Cakewalk.

    I want to use the extra "instruments" that are mentioned in the documentation of a .94b file. I can use the instruments on bank 0, but when I select a bank (>0) to select an alternative sound, I don't hear a different instrument.
    For example: On bank no. 48 patch no. 13 should be Pipe organ 2. On bank 0 the patch is a vibraphone. (something like this)
    When I select bank no. 48 in the track view nothing changes. I still hear a vibraphone. Following the instructions in the documentation (first select bank, then the patch) I go to the events view and make the bank change event myself, together with the patch change. (Of course on the same midi channel) Nothing happens, I still hear a vibraphone.

    Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong, or are these banks not included in the .94b sound banks?

    Thanks in advance!

    ------------------

    --
    With Quite Genial Musical Greetings

    Maurits Lamers
    -------------------------
    [email protected] | [email protected]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Did you already read the article 'The Setmanager' on our Articles page (in the EWSoundZine section)? Maybe that can help you solve the problem.
    Good luck, Arnoud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •